Christmas Time

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

"thank you" just doesn't express my gratitude...

my sister-in-law asked me yesterday if we were going to do anything special for ollie's bday. i told her there wasn't really anything we could do. we used to take flowers to the cemetery but we can't now that we are 1700 miles away.

the first year we were out here i had asked my sweet friend krissy if she would go put some flowers out for us and she so kindly did. i hadn't asked her to do that since but yesterday after i wrote my post i had an email waiting for me from her. she just wanted to let me know she was thinking of us and that she had gone and put flowers out on ollie's grave. when i read this i just burst into tears. she lives 30 minutes or more away from the cemetery now and yet she took time out of her busy day to do something for us that we cannot do for ourselves. what a servant's heart! thank you dear sweet friend.

3 comments:

Tonya Roberts said...

Thinking of you Miss Mandy. Keeping you in prayers now and for the weeks to come.

Ericka said...

I didn't realize our little boys shared b-days. pray that you are doing well. check my updated blog ;)

R said...

Mandy, I am crying as I type! It makes me want to drive right now to give Krissy a hug. :0)

And hop on a plane to hug you too!