it is me doing some updating today. what a whirlwind the last six days have been.
this morning i had the sweet blessing of spending some much needed alone time with my precious husband. there is no man in this world who i love more than him. he has been my caregiver, my protector, my defender, my advocate, my friend and so much more. i look at him and i see God's handiwork displayed in a man who has the heart the size of the ocean and i am able to call him mine.
i am feeling much better today. today was a huge turning point for me. i woke up around 6 feeling like i was ready to walk the floor and make some progress in all my recovery. yesterday i was still so loopy from the anesthesia that i rested much of the day. today...i walked the floor 3 times, i had two more units of blood, i had a drainage tube removed, i sat in the chair much of the morning, i pumped, i pottied, i found out that if my hemoglobin levels are 7 or higher that i might actually go home tomorrow. all in all it was a really good day.
ramey had a good day too. ross is better at giving her updates being that he is with her but she was requiring less oxygen and they did a lot or weaning of her levels. good news for her too! i am hopeful that i will be released and able to go see her tomorrow.
my friend recommended that i put specific prayer requests right here to help all of you know what exactly to pray.
1. pray obviously for both ramey and my complete healing
2. pray that ramey would have no residual damage from her time on the vent and other meds
3. pray that i would be able to be relieved of bladder discomfort
4. pray for henry who is having a hard time because he misses me and his daddy and wants to see his baby sister
5. pray for daphne who is having a hard time with her feelings
6. pray for anna who probably has no idea what is going on but knows that things aren't quite right
7. pray for ross, who is caring the weight of his whole family on his shoulders- pray for rest and that he does not get sick.
i know that is a lot but this is where we are as a family. all of you have been so good to us and we are more than thankful for the ways that you have loved on us through everything!! we love you all.