Christmas Time

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

self discovery...

it is always good to learn something about one's self. today i have gained greater insight into who i am...or maybe who i am not.

i was not created to be an art teacher. there is nothing about me that would want to be an art teacher. that is not to say that i do not love art or wouldn't enjoy an art class for myself. what i am simply saying is that the control freak in me cannot do paint with a 6 and a 3 year old and remain sane.

a sweet friend of mine gave the kids some really cool paint rollers and brushes with some paints. the whole deal sounds cool because you mix the paint with dish soap, paint on the window and then it comes off easily. okay so i told the kids we would do this today after henry came home from sports camp while anna was sleeping. so i mixed the paint and soap, opened up the paint brushes, gave them the rules of what could and could not be painted and off they went.



it didn't take me long to realize that this was going to be an extreme mess. it took all i had in me not to lose it with said mess. i had to ask for their forgiveness for getting a little fussy with them and then i had to just take pictures and tell myself that these moments make memories no matter how messy.

something else i learned during this "art" time is that you should not take on such venturous projects two days before giving birth. thursday morning #4 will arrive!

3 comments:

R said...

Girl, I am sooooo with you. I am not comfortable with messes, either, and I'm sure my blood pressure rose while reading your post--just thinking about doing that with my children! *shudder!*

You definitely get a punch in your "good mom card" for taking that on 2 days before having a baby!

I'll be praying for you extra on Thursday!! How exciting.

alligooding said...

LOL! I was wondering how that was going to go! I think I will wait on trying that one... maybe when we are about to have baby #4 (which is probably never!). Yes, that sounds like a good time to try it!

Elizabeth said...

You are SO funny, Mandy. I am ecstatic to hear that you are still healthy and cooking the little one. I will be praying for you and baby. May God continue to richly bless you and your family.

I guess it's too much to hope that I might see you at Jen Adam's graduation party next week?